The good thing about Shireen Anwar recipes are that you can try them without any fear of failure. For this recipe I have only two words….superb and easy. You will love this boneless chicken tikka handi recipe. I skipped orange color which is mentioned in the recipe that’s why my handi was white in color. You can add orange color if you like.
Ingredients Of Chicken Tikka Handi
- 1/2 kg boneless chicken, 1 inch pieces
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tbsp. ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp. hot spices powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp. crushed red chilies
- 1 tsp. red chili powder
- 4 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 chopped green chilies
- Green coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 pinch orange color
Method Of Chicken Tikka Handi
- Blend together raw onion with ¼ cup water.
- Now in a bowl add onion mixture, ginger garlic paste, all spice powder, salt, lemon juice, crushed red pepper, orange color, red chili powder and yogurt. Mix it well,
- Marinate chicken in this mixture for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a handi, add marinated chicken with mixture, cover and cook on low flame till chicken become tender and oil comes on surface.
- Put burnt coal in handi and drop few drops of oil on coal and cover the handi immediately to give the aroma to gravy.
- Garnish with coriander and green chilies, serve with nan.