I tried this recipe of mutton yakhni pulao and it was so yummy but instead of chicken I tried it with mutton and I also add little yellow food color in end to give it an attractive look. I hope that you all will try it and do give the comments on picture I took.
Ingredients Of Yakhni Pulao
- 1/2 kg chicken or mutton
- 1/2 kg rice, washed and soaked
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds (sonif)
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp garlic and ginger paste
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- Salt to taste
- Whole all spices as required (big and small cardamoms, cloves, cinnamon stick, whole black pepper, cumin seeds)
- 4 green chilies, cut each in 2 pieces
Recipe Of Chicken Yakhni Pulao
- In a muslin cloth tie the coriander and fennel seeds together to make a spice bag.
- Heat ghee in a pot and add that spice bag in it. Add garlic ginger paste and mix it. Now add onion and cook it for 1 minute. Onion should be in light brown color.
- Add whole spices in it and after few seconds add mutton and fry it well while stirring it.
- Now add tomatoes, green chilies, red chili flakes and salt in it. Add water according to your rice. Cook, it covered for 5-10 minutes or till mutton is tender. Take the spice bag out and discard it.
- Now add drained rice in it and mix it and cook it till the rice are 3/4 cooked and water is dried. Now put a lid on it and put it on dum for 10-15 minutes on very low flame.
- Serve it with salad and raita. It is a full meal by itself.
Note: You can take any meat instead of chicken. You can also use oil instead of ghee.
The dish look very pleasant and refreshing from its picture.
Thanks for sharing the recipe and a beautiful,crispy and delicious picture
Thanks for a very interesting and quick to make recipe. Please let me know much water should be added after soaked rice is mixed with chicken / mutton.
it depends on quality of rice, the ratio which i use for basmati rice is of 1 glass of rice and water is 1.5 glass.
THANKS FOR THIS RECIPE.
Yakhni Pulaoo mai Tomatoos kahan say agye BEHAN kuch bhi daal kar dhakan laga doo Jo bhi ban jaye marzi say naam rakh doo..!!
its chef zakir recipe and he added tomatoes so you can ask him tht why he added tomatoes and now recipes are changing with taste so its not hard rule to. avoid tomatoes. sometimes change is good for you taste buds
Thanks for a good recipe.
I tried this recipe with chicken its really delicious n I want to. Know chef zakir’s biryani …
Thanks for your feedback you can search his recipe on my blog.there are lots of biryani recipes there
Nice but can you tell me which kind of rice to use in it …??
I always use basmati rice
In a cooking pot, take water, cubed chicken and a teaspoon of salt. Turn on the flame. Add to it, the bouquet garni and boil for around 20 minutes or until chicken gets done.