You can make this simple recipe on your iftar and can give surprise to your love ones.You can use these chickpea patties in sandwiches or with burger buns. They are really very good for those who watching their weight as it has very fewer calories.
Ingredients Of Chickpea Patties
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 tsp. ginger, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- Oil to fry
- Salt to taste
Method Of Chickpea Patties
- Soak chickpeas in boiling water in a bowl. Cover the bowl and set aside for 2 hours.
- Drain the chickpeas, reserving 1 cup of water. Make a smooth paste of the chickpeas by blending them in a mixer. Add reserved water if needed.
- Add onion, ginger, garlic, coriander leaves, chili and cumin seeds and salt . Blend till all the ingredients are well combined.
- Take tablespoons of this mixture and shape like small patties.
- Heat oil in a heavy wok or pan. Fry the patties till they turn golden from both sides. Serve hot with raita.