This recipe for chocolate chip biscotti is made by my school-going daughter. She is really very good baker. Biscotti is baked twice and it is a crunchy cookie. This cookie is one of my favorite cookies of the holiday season. It is the best cookie to dunk in in coffee or milk. And no need to measure chocolate chips, I love lots and lots of them in my cookies.
Ingredients Of Chocolate Chip Biscotti
- ½ cup softened butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 12 oz mini chocolate chips
Method Of Chocolate Chip Biscotti
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add butter and brown sugar to a mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed 1 minute.
- Add eggs and vanilla, mixing until combined, about 1 minute.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt, mix until well combined.
- Fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Shape into 2 10″ x 2″ logs and place on a lined or greased baking sheet.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool 30 minutes.
- Lower oven temperature to 300 degrees.
- Slice logs into about ½ inch slices and place on cookie sheet. Each log will make about 18-20 slices. Bake 15 minutes. Flip slices over and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.