Christmas is around the corner and this is the perfect dessert recipe of chocolate chip bread pudding for Christmas. Try it and enjoy.
Ingredients Of Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding
- 250 gm. stale bread, cut into 3cm/1¼in cubes
- 100 gm. chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- 40 gm. soft light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. dark rum
- 125ml double cream
- 500ml full-fat milk
- 4 tsp. demerara sugar
- Butter for greasing
Method Of Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding
- Preheat the oven to 170C/325F/Gas 3. Grease an ovenproof dish lightly with butter.
- Tip in the stale bread cubes. Toss in the chocolate chips to spread evenly among the bread cubes.
- Whisk together the eggs, light soft brown sugar, rum, double cream and milk. Pour this mixture over the bread and press the cubes down to coat them in the liquid.
- Leave all this to soak for 20 minutes, then sprinkle with the demerara sugar and put straight into the oven for 40-50 minutes. (If your oven browns unevenly, turn the dish around halfway through cooking.) The pudding is ready when the custard has set and has a light wobble.
- Let the dish stand for a while before serving – if you can. The smell as it bakes is almost overwhelming and it can be hard to wait once it is out of the oven.
Tip: I tend to freeze stale bread in bags of crumbs or cubes and save them to use as needed. If your bread isn’t stale, then leave the slices to dry first for a while on a wire rack before cubing and using.