Here is a recipe for chocolate cookies by chef Adeel. Do try it and share your feedback in comments section below.
Ingredients Of Chocolate Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips or chunks
Method Of Chocolate Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C) and place rack in center of oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes).
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until incorporated.
- First sift together the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, and salt and then add to the butter and egg mixture. Mix just until incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or two spoons, place about 1 1/2 tablespoons of batter on the prepared baking sheet, spacing about 2 inches (5 cm) apart.
- Bake for approximately 8 – 10 minutes or until the cookies are still soft in the center but are firm around the edges. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes before removing the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Makes about 24 – 3 inch round cookies.