This chocolate fudge cake is heaven for chocolate lovers. I can die for this cake. My kids love this and you can make it for birthday parties or as dessert after lunch or dinner. Sorry for little messy frosting but taste was heavenly good.
Ingredients OF Chocolate Fudge Cake
- 2/3 cup oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup curd (yogurt without water)
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 2 eggs
For Fudge Frosting
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Method Of Chocolate Fudge Cake
- Beat all wet ingredients together. Add dry ingredients in them and beat again.
- Grease two pans and pour batter equally in them. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 30-35 minutes or till your cake is baked fully.
- Cool down your both cakes fully.
For Fudge Frosting
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave – 2 to 3 minutes on medium should do it – or in a bowl sitting over a pan of simmering water, and let cool slightly.
- In another bowl beat the butter until it’s soft and creamy (again, I use the stand mixer here) and then add the sifted confectioners’ sugar and beat again until everything’s light and fluffy. I know sifting is a pain, the 1 job in the kitchen I really hate, but you have to do it or the icing will be unsoothingly lumpy. Then gently add the vanilla and chocolate and mix together until everything is glossy and smooth.
- Sandwich the middle of the cake with about a quarter of the icing, and then ice the top and sides, too, spreading and smoothing with a rubber spatula
I wish l can understand how to make it but thanks allot.
What you dont understand
Can I make this cake in one tin?
Yes but take big tin
Can you substitute the curd for something else?
Thanks,but wld love to have the recipe sent to my email.so I can try it.
Send me ur email id
Loved the cake . I would like to bake it. Can u please tell me the size of the cake tin if we are baking in 2 tins and also if we bake in a single tin?
2 pans of size 6 inch or one pan of 12 inch approx
Is this a moist cake even if I don’t add froasting in the middle of the cake ?
Its very moist and soft. You can eat this even without frosting