Surprise your loved ones with this home-baked chocolate mocha cake on their birthdays, and make that day special for them.
Ingredients Of Chocolate Mocha Cake
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1tsp baking powder
- 5 tbs coco powder
- 3/4 cup hot black coffee
- 2tsp vanilla
Method Of Chocolate Mocha Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the sugar, butter, and eggs until fluffy. mix in 1 cup sour cream.
- In another bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, and cocoa powder.
- Gradually beat into egg mixture. Add coffee and vanilla.
- Spread the mixture in a baking dish or cake pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until butter knife poked in center comes out clean.
- Cool, then frost with remaining sour cream.
Hi, I have a Question how do you measure butter in cups?
You can easily convert any measurement with help of google.
take butter at room temperature and then measure it in measuring cup
Hi there, is it necessary to add salt in the cake would it make any difference if I omit the salt please let me know i really want to make this cake….
you can skip the salt
Your pound cake recipie was super simple and a super hit with the family! For the mocha cake, what can i use instead of sour cream?
You can replace sour cream.with buttermilk in cake. But in frosting use chocolate ganach