Here is a recipe for chocolate muffins by chef Zakir. Make this and enjoy it with your evening tea or I love to have them in breakfast. You can store these muffins up to one week in an airtight jar or box. Best to give to kids in their lunchboxes. These muffins will stay soft and moist and will not dry up.
- 6 eggs
- 150 grams cooking chocolate
- 15 grams of baking powder
- 50 grams of cocoa powder
- 125 grams plain flour
- 150 grams of sugar
- Few drops of vanilla essence
- Beat 6 eggs in a bowl till they are creamy. Then add 150 grams sugar and 20 grams baking powder and beat enough to dissolve the sugar.
- Then add 125 grams sieved plain flour gradually and keep stirring. Also, add 50 grams of cocoa powder and mix.
- When cocoa powder is well combined, add vanilla essence, and mix. Pour the mixture into a mold and bake in a preheated oven at 180 c for 15 minutes.
- When the sponge is ready, let it cool at room temperature.
- For the topping, melt a block of 150 grams cooking chocolate. Top baked muffins with melted chocolate and also insert some chocolate inside muffins with a syringe.
- Muffins are ready to serve.