Here is the recipe for chocolate pear upside down cake. Must try and you will love this combination of pears and chocolate. Loved by kids and elders always. You can have this cake with your evening tea and coffee. My kids love to have it with vanilla ice cream.
Ingredients Of Chocolate Pear Upside Down Cake
- 4 small ripe pears, peeled and halved and cored
- 100 gm. unsalted butter
- 100 gm. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 75 ml of milk
- 75 gm. Self-raising flour
- 50 gm. dark chocolate, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- 40 gm. cocoa powder
Method Of Chocolate Pear Upside Down Cake
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Grease a loose base cake tin and arrange the pear halves on the bottom of the tin.
- In a bowl beat the butter and sugar until it’s pale and thick.
- Gradually beat in the eggs and milk with a little of the flour. Stir in the melted chocolate and vanilla essence, then fold in the remaining flour and the cocoa powder.
- Spoon the chocolate mixture over the pears and smooth it with a knife.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until it’s done.
- Turn cake out onto a plate, pears facing up, and you can also add some melted chocolate on top.