I have already posted the recipe for simple pound cake on my blog. Chocolate pound cake is same as the simple pound cake except that you have to add 2tbsp of cocoa powder in dry ingredients. It tastes so good in winter with your evening coffee. Nothing can beat its soft texture.
Ingredients Of Pound Cake
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup sifted flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar, ground
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- 3 tbsp. milk, at room temperature
- 13 tbsp. butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2tbsp coco powder
Method Of Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- In a bowl mix dry ingredients i.e flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- In another bowl lightly beat 3 eggs with vanilla essence and milk.
- Now add butter to dry ingredients and mix it with a wooden spoon.
- Now gradually add egg mixture and beat on medium speed.
- Grease loaf pan and pour this batter into it. Bake for 55 minutes at 180 degrees. Enjoy it with your loved ones.