Try this Christmas cafe au lait recipe in your Christmas breakfast and enjoy the whole day with its yummy flavor on your taste buds. Its aroma will fill your house.
Ingredients Of Christmas Cafe Au Lait
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 strip orange peel,
- 10 whole cloves
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups hot brewed strong coffee
- 1/4 cup cold heavy cream
- The ground cinnamon, for garnish
- Cocoa, for garnish
Method Of Christmas Cafe Au Lait
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the milk, 2/3 cup of the sugar, and cocoa until smooth.
- Add the cinnamon sticks, orange peel, and cloves and bring to a simmer, stirring, to dissolve the sugar and prevent the cocoa from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Simmer for 2 minutes, then remove from the heat, cover, and let steep for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whip the cream with 1 teaspoon sugar until thick and frothy, and peaks form. Set aside.
- Strain the milk mixture into a coffee pot or carafe and add 2 cups of the hot coffee (2 1/2 cups for stronger coffee flavor, to taste).
- Pour into cups or small mugs and top each with a dollop of the sweetened whipped cream. Garnish with ground cinnamon and cocoa.