Christmas is just around the corner and its celebrations are incomplete without Christmas cookies. Here is the easiest recipe for cookies which you can make with your kids and grandkids. You can make any shape of biscuits and can do any icing you like by adding different colors.
Ingredients Of Christmas Cookies
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3-3/4 to 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons meringue powder
- 5 to 6 tablespoons warm water
- Use any colors of your choice
Method Of Christmas Cookies
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with the milk.
- Cover and refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut out cookies into desired shapes and place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet
- . Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Yield: 8 dozen.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Beat on high speed with a portable mixer for 10-12 minutes or on low speed with a stand mixer for 7-10 minutes or until peaks form. Yield: 3 cups.