No need to buy expensive churros for the market anymore, you can easily make them at home. My younger daughter made these without my help. You can serve these with chocolate sauce or caramel sauce. I love to have them with cinnamon and sugar powder sprinkled all over them.
Ingredients Of Churros
- 1 cup of water.
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Cinnamon sugar
Method Of Churros
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add water, butter, and sugar. Bring to a boil, then add vanilla. Turn off heat and add flour and salt. Stir with a wooden spoon until thickened, 30 seconds. Let mixture cool for 10 minutes.
- To the cooled mixture, using a hand mixer, beat in eggs one at a time until combined. Transfer mixture to a piping bag fitted with a large open star tip.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add enough oil to come halfway up the sides and heat to 375°. Holding the piping bag a few inches above the oil, carefully pipe churros into 6″ long ropes. Use kitchen scissors to cut off dough from a piping bag.
- Fry until golden, 4 to 5 minutes, turning as necessary. Fry 3 to 4 churros at a time and let the oil come back to 375° before each batch. Remove churros with a slotted spoon or tongs and immediately roll churros in cinnamon sugar, then place on a cooling rack.
- serve with chocolate sauce or Nutella