This recipe for classic cheese cake is shared by famous chef Sharmin. You can add any toppings to it like strawberries, chocolate, cherries. This is a no-bake cake. You just have to mix all ingredients and refrigerate them for a few hours to set.
Ingredients Of Classic Cheese Cake
- 6tbsp clarified butter
- 200 gm digestive biscuits
- 5 tbsp castor sugar
- 375 gm cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 75gm sour cream
- 3tbsp cream
- Lemon juice as required
Method Of Classic Cheese Cake
- Crush digestive biscuits in a bowl. Using your hands, mix biscuit crumbs and butter together.
- Grease a dish with a bit of butter and transfer the biscuit mixture onto it. Using your hands, press it down firmly to form a cheesecake base and refrigerate.
- Whisk castor sugar, cream cheese, fresh cream, and sour cream in a bowl. Add in cornflour, vanilla essence, and egg yolks to this mixture and mix well.
- Beat egg whites separately, till fluffy, and fold into the prepared mixture.
- Lastly, add lemon juice and pour the mixture over the refrigerated biscuit base. Leave it in the fridge to refrigerate for 6 hours. Serve with your choice of ice cream.
I’ve never heard of “digestive biscuits” before. Must be what the USA calls “graham crackers”?
My husband threw out the bottom of my spring for pan about 14 years ago and I have never bothered to buy another one. LOL
The recipe looks delicious!
ya its graham crackers and its time for you to buy a new pan and try out this recipe:)))
hi…i have tried making cheese cake dosens ov tyms..they all turned out good xcept for the biscuit bottom… your recipe is a bit different…lyk in cheese cake i dont use eggs or corn flour or sour cream or lemon juice or vanilla essence… i use geleton powder, cream, cheese, sugar and fruit purry(strawberry, blue berry, banana, mango)…..
anywayx..plz tell me hw cn i make my biscuit bottom steady.. my upper cream cheese part is perfect…
so plz help me out neel
Add butter in your biscuit base, it will help to settle it down. You can increase the quantity of butter. You must refrigerate the base for atleast 1-2 hours.
thankyou soooo much =)
Hey I am just curious if these are your recipe or someone else’s since the name given are of famous chefs… Do they write recipe’s for your website? Awesome recipes BTW
They dont write recipes for my site, i collect their recipes and then i publish it for you.
I like this recipe. Simply great Cake Recipe. Butter Cheese Cake is new for me. Thanks for posting it.
you are welcome
thnx dear ur all recipes are awsome…im impresd..:)
thanks a lot for liking
I wud like to know wch brand of cream cheese shall i use for my cake .. i only find cream cheese wch is salted …. plz tell me the name of unsalted cream cheese available in khi … thanks
philadelphia cream cheese