This recipe for classic cheese cake is shared by famous chef Sharmin. You can add any toppings to it like strawberries, chocolate, cherries. This is a no-bake cake. You just have to mix all ingredients and refrigerate them for a few hours to set.
Ingredients Of Classic Cheese Cake
- 6tbsp clarified butter
- 200 gm digestive biscuits
- 5 tbsp castor sugar
- 375 gm cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 75gm sour cream
- 3tbsp cream
- Lemon juice as required
Method Of Classic Cheese Cake
- Crush digestive biscuits in a bowl. Using your hands, mix biscuit crumbs and butter together.
- Grease a dish with a bit of butter and transfer the biscuit mixture onto it. Using your hands, press it down firmly to form a cheesecake base and refrigerate.
- Whisk castor sugar, cream cheese, fresh cream, and sour cream in a bowl. Add in cornflour, vanilla essence, and egg yolks to this mixture and mix well.
- Beat egg whites separately, till fluffy, and fold into the prepared mixture.
- Lastly, add lemon juice and pour the mixture over the refrigerated biscuit base. Leave it in the fridge to refrigerate for 6 hours. Serve with your choice of ice cream.