Soups are starters but I think that soups are a complete meal. It contains all ingredients like vegetables and chicken. The thing which I like most about soups is that you can have them at any time and in any season. I love soups and one of my favorites is classic french onion soup.
Ingredients Of French Onion Soup
- 6 medium onions, halved, slice
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 8 cups beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8, 1 inch slices of French bread
- 4 oz chilled mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, grated
Method Of French Onion Soup
- Heat oil in saucepan and stir in onions. Caramelize, uncovered on low heat for 25 minutes until golden brown. Stir in sugar and flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Put broth in another saucepan, add bay leaf, basil. nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Simmer for 20 minutes, covered.
- Add the onion mixture in broth and stir.Dry bread in the oven at 325 degrees for about 15 minutes.
- Pour soup into individual ovenproof bowls. Top each with bread slice. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake at 350 about 15 minutes, then lightly broil to brown cheese.