Soups are starters but I think that soups are a complete meal. It contains all ingredients like vegetables and chicken. The thing which I like most about soups is that you can have them at any time and in any season. I love soups and one of my favorites is classic french onion soup.
Ingredients Of French Onion Soup
- 6 medium onions, halved, slice
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 8 cups beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8, 1 inch slices of French bread
- 4 oz chilled mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, grated
Method Of French Onion Soup
- Heat oil in saucepan and stir in onions. Caramelize, uncovered on low heat for 25 minutes until golden brown. Stir in sugar and flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Put broth in another saucepan, add bay leaf, basil. nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Simmer for 20 minutes, covered.
- Add the onion mixture in broth and stir.Dry bread in the oven at 325 degrees for about 15 minutes.
- Pour soup into individual ovenproof bowls. Top each with bread slice. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake at 350 about 15 minutes, then lightly broil to brown cheese.
Your recipe looks so much more delicious than the French onion soup I had at a local restaurant recently. It was way too salty and had none of the delicious cheeses you mention.
french onion soup is incomplete without cheese………it taste comes out with cheese only
I bought french onion soup from the market but it was very expensive
i had it in a diet plan which consists of some fruits and vegs similarly they are in a very short quantity to b taken daily
simlarly i had to take as much of this soup as i wanted to
therefore i found it very expensive
now i read it on the web but it contains beef broth which has a large amount of cholestrol in it
i only wanted to ask that if it will make me slimer or faten me
as i have already been suffering from sever fat problems
you can also take chicken broth instead of beef broth