This recipe for classic mayonnaise was shared by chef Tahir. He was a great chef and we learned great recipes on budget with him. May God grant him high levels in heaven and he rests in peace. You can store this mayonnaise in an airtight jar for up to one week in a fridge.
Ingredients Of Classic Mayonnaise
- 2 medium very fresh egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 cup (250 ml) olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste
Method Of Classic Mayonnaise
- Whisk egg yolks, mustard, and vinegar in a medium bowl.
- Using an electric whisk, add oil, first drop by drop, then in a slow, steady stream. (If the mixture curdles or splits, add a little hot water and beat vigorously.)
- Add salt and white pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate 1 to 2 days.
Use the recipe above for homemade mayonnaise adding 3 – 6 crushed cloves of garlic to the beaten egg yolks and salt. Proceed as above.
Using the top recipe for homemade mayonnaise, instead of 1 – 2 tsp of mustard, increase this to 1 tbsp and then add 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce and a few drops of Tabasco.