I was thinking of baking this coconut pound cake for many days but I always ended up in baking chocolate cake as I am so chocolate addict. Me and my kids love everything made with chocolate, whether its ice cream, milk shake or any dessert but I wanted to try something different this time.
With the kids approval, I finally baked this coconut Pound cake yesterday and both me and my kids fell in love with it with first bite. And quite surprisingly my husband was also not ashamed to throw some words of appraisal after eating the coconut pound cake.
Its so tasty and soft that it just melts in your mouth. The recipe is so easy that even a kid can bake it in adult supervision. So guys I want you to try it and share your comments here.
Ingredients Of Coconut Pound Cake
- 150 gm. self raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 140 gm. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tbsp. milk
- 6 ounce unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp. crushed coconut
- 1 pinch yellow color
Method Of Coconut Pound Cake
- Grease and paper lined loaf tin.
- Sieve together self raising flour and baking powder, mix in desiccated coconut and keep aside.
- In a bowl add eggs, sugar, yellow color and milk, mix well with hand whisk, keep aside.
- In your sieved mixture add butter and beat on low speed for 5 minutes add half of liquid mixture very slowly add into batter and mix on high speed for 5 to 7 minutes, now slowly mix the remaining egg mixture and mix for 5 minutes, the batter will be very smooth.
- Now put into lined loaf pan bake for 35 to 45 minutes on 180 degrees.
- Enjoy with your tea or coffee.