There are many benefits of including coconut in your daily health regime. Our body converts lauric acid present in coconut into monolaurin, which helps in combating various diseases including herpes, cytomegalovirus, influenza, and even HIV. With regular use of coconut, your body is well-protected against harmful bacteria including listeria monocytogenes too. Here is an easy and quick recipe for coconut rice.
Coconut Rice is delicious paired with stews, curries, grilled meat and fish, stewed beans, and roasted vegetables. Here are a few dishes we love serving with it. Quick Asian-Flavoured Beef with Rice. Salmon Cakes with Lemon Yogurt Sauce.
- 1 cup rice
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 3 green chilies, chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup cashews
- Chili powder as required
- Salt as required
- Oil as required
- Cook rice with little salt and oil till done.
- In another pan heat oil and add green chilies, salt, sugar, and red chili powder.
- Immediately add rice and grated coconut and lemon juice. Mix it well.
- Add cashews and serve hot with any gravy of your choice.
- Pair it with chicken stir-fry or beef stir-fry, curried coconut chicken, or simple shrimp. But those are just a few ideas — the possibilities are endless! For more inspiration, explore our entire collection of Asian Recipes.