This recipe for condensed milk toffee is shared by Bibi Khan. It is really easy to make and loved by kids and adults too. You can wrap these toffees and gift them on special occasions. Nothing is better than homemade treats.
Ingredients Of Condensed Milk Toffee
- 1 can condensed milk
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup (corn syrup)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 5 tablespoons water
- 3tbsp butter
Method Of Condensed Milk Toffee
- Put sugar and water in a saucepan and cook on slow heat till sugar dissolves.
- Pour condensed milk and golden syrup (optional but I put it) and cook and stir until mixture is bubbly. Takes about 7 minutes.
- Add butter until mixture thickens, about 10 minutes. ( i used a candy thermometer. When the thermometer hits the softball stage remove from fire stir in the vanilla.
- After removing from fire keep stirring till its smooth and a bit thickens.
- Pour in a pan lined with parchment paper and put in the fridge till it’s cooled a bit. Remove and cut.
- Always cut with a hot knife otherwise it will be rough like mine.
- These are best to send on Christmas and easter or eid. You can celebrate any festival with this sweet treat.
How long does it last
We never have any leftovers… It could last till week
why is there no pinterest button or other means of saving this recipe? It looks delicious and hope you will consider adding a means to save other than print.
I wish that I got that technical know-how to add that button but old fashioned me
What is golden syrup?
It’s just like yellow corn syrup
Nothing like maple syrup. It’s closest to corn syrup but it’s thicker and has more caramel flavor. It comes form the UK but can be bought on Amazon…
yes its like yellow corn syrup…