This recipe for coriander and lime chicken is ideal for the barbecue, use boned chicken thighs rather than breasts as they are more succulent and won’t dry out so much. The best side dishes to serve with cilantro lime chicken include jasmine rice, brown rice, and vegetables. This Cilantro Lime Chicken starts with a marinade bursting with simple, fresh aromatic ingredients.
Ingredients Of Coriander And Lime Chicken
- 8 boned chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lemon juice and grated rind
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp. clear honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 large avocados
- 3 tbsp. fresh coriander chopped
- Fresh coriander sprigs and lime wedges for garnishing
Method Of Coriander And Lime Chicken
- Place chicken Thighs in a large shallow dish. Mix together oil, lime rind, half the lime juice, cumin, garlic, honey, salt, and pepper, and brush over the chicken. Cover and marinate for at least an hour, turning several times.
- Cook chicken on the barbecue or under the grill, turning regularly, for about 12-15 minutes until tender and cooked through. Transfer to a serving dish.
- Halve, stone, and peel avocados and slice the flesh. Mix with remaining lime juice and coriander and tomato and pile on top of chicken. Serve immediately.
- Serve with brown or white rice.
- Do try this recipe and share your feedback in the comments section below.