In winter what could be better than a bowl of hot Corn and Potato Soup. Its texture is so creamy that you will simply love this.
Ingredients Of Corn And Potato Soup
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb. potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2/3 cup crushed crackers
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tin sweet corns, drained
- 1/3 cup cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 slices bacon, fried crisp
Method Of Corn And Potato Soup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Gently sauté onion for 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes and fry for 3 minutes, stirring well. Pour in the stock, bring to boil, simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Meanwhile, place crackers in a bowl. Add milk and soak for 5 minutes.
Scoop about half the potatoes out of the soup. Puree the soup, then return potatoes to soup.
- Stir in corn, cream, milk and cracker mixture. Gently simmer for another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with bacon sprinkled over soup.
- You can serve this soup with garlic bread or with any kind of crackers. I like to have this with fish crackers.
- Do try this recipe and share your feedback in comment section below.