Jennifer Nickel-Kreisler shares this recipe for Cream Cheese Spritzes. This recipe is straightforward; you just need a few ingredients to make this yummy treat. A perfect addition to your holiday cookies tray. You can use any gel color you like for cookies. She used the americolor super red gel.
Ingredients Of Cream Cheese Spritzes
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature (2 sticks)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Red gel food coloring (optional)
- 2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
Method Of Cream Cheese Spritzes
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar, and cream cheese on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla, then food coloring (if using). Stir in flour and salt.
- Fill cookie press per manufacturer’s instructions. Using 2 unlined baking sheets and holding the cookie press so it touches the sheet, squeeze and lift away, spacing cookies 1 in. apart. Bake until edges are light golden brown, 15 to 17 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through.
- Let cool on sheets for 1 minute, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough (rinsing sheets with cold water to help them cool). Decorate as desired.