It is rightly said that the way to man’s heart is through his stomach. Cook this velvety cream of tomato soup to melt his heart. Winters are here and so the soup season.
Ingredients Of Cream Of Tomato Soup
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- 1/3 tsp oregano
- 1/3 tsp rosemary
- 1/3 tsp thyme
- 1/3 cup whipped cream
- Coriander for garnishing
Method Of cream Of Tomato Soup
- Melt butter in a pan. Add onions and saute until tender on low heat.
- Add flour and stir continually for 2 minutes. Add stock and bring it to boil. Stir constantly.
- Stir in tomato paste and season with salt and white pepper and all herbs. Simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Pour into soup bowls and top it with whipped cream and garnish it with chopped coriander.
- Serve hot with garlic bread