This recipe for Creamy Cashews cookies is shared by Tracy Bodoni. A salty, soft, sweet, and delicious cookie that’ll leave you wanting more. These soft brown sugar drop cookies are studded with cashews and topped with elegant browned butter frosting. you can find Tracy at Mooch-a-Meal with Tracy at www.moochamealwithtracy.com
Ingredients Of Creamy Cashews Cookies
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened (Land ‘O Lakes)
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar (I use light)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 3 cups roasted cashews, chopped
- Whole cashews, for garnish
Method Of Creamy Cashews Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 2 cookie sheets.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Beat butter and brown sugar in a mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. At low speed, beat in sour cream, then dry the ingredients. Stir in cashews.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets. Bake 12 minutes, until lightly browned. Repeat with the remaining dough.
BROWN BUTTER FROSTING
- 1 cup butter (Land ‘O Lakes)
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat, until lightly browned. Remove from heat; whisk in confectioners’ sugar, then cream and vanilla until smooth. Spread warm frosting on cookies. Garnish each with a nut. Makes 9 dozen.