Another name for this Creme Caramel is “Flan Caramel Custard”. It is served with hard caramel top and you can also serve it with whipped cream and fruits, it’s your own choice.In the later part of the 20th-century crème caramel occupied an excessively large amount of territory in European restaurant dessert menus. This was probably due to the convenience, for restaurateurs, of being able to prepare a lot in advance and keep them until needed.
Ingredients Of Creme Carmel
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup icing sugar, more
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup cream
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp vanilla essence
Method Of Creme Caramel
- First, we will make the caramel. Take 3/4 cup sugar in a pan and heat it on very low flame, stir with wooden spoon to avoid burning, till it melts and turns into light golden color. Spread the melted sugar in the flat pan till it cools down and hardens.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Beat the eggs and 1/3 cup sugar together. Add cream and vanilla essence to the milk and bring it to the boil.
- Remove milk from heat and add egg mixture slowly in it. Now pour this mixture over caramel.
- Place the pan into a baking dish filled with water. bake the mixture on low heat till it sets.
- Remove from oven and cool it down. Now invert the dessert in serving plate. Serve with fresh cream.