Summer vacations are here again and I am delighted that my daughters have started showing interest in learning some cooking and baking. One of the very first things they learned are these Custard cookies. These cookies are really easy to make and are extremely mouth melting tasty. These are eggless cookies and it takes hardly 10 minutes to make the dough and 15 minutes to bake.
Ingredients Of Custard Cookies
- 1/2 cup icing sugar (or grind sugar with 2tbsp corn flour)
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup vanilla custard powder
- 1 cup butter (at room temperature)
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- Few drops of milk
Method Of Custard Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Beat butter and sugar together till its creamy. Use electric beater. Add vanilla essence to it.
- Sieve flour. Add custard powder in flour and mix.
- Add flour to butter mixture and mix it with hands. Add few drops of milk and form a soft crumbly dough.
- Take a small portion of dough and roll it into a ball. Flatten them with your palms and make impression on it with the fork. Or you can make any shape with cookie cutter.
- Place on greased tray and bake it for 12-15 minutes at 180 degrees.
Celsius or Fahrenheit?
Hi do you need to put in fridge before baking?
No need to put in fridge
Can i bake in microwave oven and for what duration?
no dear. You can’t make cookies in the microwave. You can bake cake but not cookies
Is “icing sugar” the same as powder confectioners sugar????
you can easily convert it in grams with google help
What is custard powder.
It’s flavored cornflour type
What a simple recipe easy to follow and the end product was yummy thanks a million
Thanks a. Lot
Thank you for sharing this recipe. The cookies were easy and fun to make. And of course incredibly delicious!
thanks for trying and for feedback. Do share pics
Would love to share but your contact page isn’t working. How do I send you pics?
Thank you for the recipe. I’ve been making these cookies for almost a year now and it’s my family’s favourite! I add a bit of cacao powder to one half of the dough and roll it up. Cut slices for a spiral effect in cookies.
What is flavored cornflower? Never heard of it
Is there anything else I can use?
Just in case bakers in th US don’t know about custard powder it is sold on Amazon and makes delicious cookies. Birds is the brand.