Dates are rich in fibers and one can easily digest them. Researchers showed that dates can also be helpful in curing certain abdominal diseases including abdominal cancer. Some other advantages of eating dates include treating constipation, prevention night blindness and improving the health of eyes, and a solution for alcoholic intoxication. Here is a recipe for date sweet wontons by chef Zakir.
Ingredients Of Date Sweet Wontons
- 100 gm dates, soft
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 100 gm dried whole milk (khoya)
- Manda strips as required (wontons wrappers)
- 1/2 egg
- 1 tsp refined flour
- Oil for frying
Method Of Date Sweet Wontons
- De-seed the dates and mash them with the help of a knife.
- Add sugar and dried whole milk to it. Mix well.
- Beat the egg and add refined flour to it, beat again.
- Cut manda stripes into squares. Put a spoonful of dates mixture in one corner of the square, roll it up to the middle of the strip and then seal with the egg mixture.
- Spread the egg mixture at the back of the roll as well and fold the strip backward to shape like wontons.
- Heat oil in a wok and fry till the wontons turn golden. You can also freeze them and fry when needed.