I love to make desi ghee and i learned this recipe from my mother in law. You can easily make it at home with the cream/malai of milk. What i do is that i collect the cream of fresh milk whole month and then i make ghee out of it. I searched the Google and i found that there is no authentic recipe of desi ghee on net. So guys here is the 100% authentic recipe of making desi ghee at home. It has no smell and it tastes so great.
(this is the picture of butter which we get from milk cream)
(This is pure ghee which we get after heating above butter)
Ingredients Of Desi/Pure Ghee
- 1 large bowl of milk cream/malai
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- 2 glass of cold water
Method Of Desi/Pure Ghee
- Place all the cream of milk in a thick base pan. Add yogurt in it and mix it well. Leave it for overnight.
- In the morning add cold water in it and whisk it with hand beater. Now butter will start coming on surface and white liquid will be separated. Take out the butter. Don’t throw that liquid because its a lassi and you can drink it after adding some salt in it.
- Now put that butter on low flame. It will take one hour and ghee will start coming out of the butter. Stir it occasionally.
- The foam curdles and settle at the bottom. Strain the ghee and pour it in some airtight container. You can use it for months on room temperature.
Tip: If you are making this ghee in summers then use cold water and if you are making it in winter then use hot water.