Chef Tahir has made everything so easy to be made at home on a very low budget. If you buy all these things from the market it will cost you more money as compared to if you cooked them at home. Here is a recipe for homemade mustard by chef Tahir.
Yellow mustard health benefits also include its ability to reduce migraine attacks, to prevent the body from the development of heart disease, and to ease some of the painful symptoms of menopause.
Ingredients Of Homemade Mustard
- 4tablespoons dry ground mustard
- 3/4 cup water
- 1tablespoon raisin – paste
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt,
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 pinch pepper
Method Of Homemade Mustard
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat except for the vinegar.
- By adding water to the mustard flour, a chemical reaction starts to take place that brings out the heat of the mustard. Over time, the heat will rise to a peak, then gradually dissipate (the peak of hotness being around 15 minutes after the addition of water).
- Adding acid (i.e. the vinegar) will shut down this chemical reaction and lock in the heat at the level at which it was introduced. For the mildest mustard, add the vinegar at the same time as the water.
- When the mixture comes to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove pan from heat and cover until cool. Chill in a covered container.
- Use utensils and mixing vessels that are glass, stainless steel, or ceramic anything but no aluminum, which can be dissolved by the vinegar.