I took this recipe for doodh barfi from food fusion. It tastes like the barfi of Dhaka sweets from Karachi. I think its called Sandesh and its some kind of Bengali sweets. Do try this recipe because it is much better than the one we bought from the shops. You can also try this recipe for Sandesh. https://www.neelscorner.com/sandesh-bengali-sweet-recipe/
Ingredients Of Doodh Barfi
- 2 liters fresh milk
- 1 tbs water
- Lemon juice 1 tsp
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Asli ghee (Pure clarified butter) 2 tbs
- Elaichi powder (Cardamom powder) ½ tsp
- 3 tbsp sooji
- Pista (Pistachios) for garnishing
Method Of Doodh Barfi
- In a pot, add milk, bring it to boil, and keep stirring in between. In water, add lemon juice and mix well.
- Gradually add lemon water in milk, keep stirring and cook on medium flame till it gets all thick and looks like curdle (approx. 25-30 minutes). Now water will be separated at this stage from curdled milk. Drain the water.
- Now take this curdled milk or chenna in a pan. Gradually add sugar and sooji, mix well continuously and cook until sugar water dries up.
- Add pure clarified butter, cardamom powder and mix well, cook on low flame for 5-6 minutes or until the mixture begins to leave the sides of the pot and mix well continuously.
- Grease baking dish/loaf pan with ghee, add the mixture to a greased mold, and press it.
- Cover with aluminum foil and let it set (4 hours).
- Cut into desired shapes, garnish with pistachios & serve.