This recipe for easter pecan pralines is shared by Jennifer Nickel Kreisler. These are perfect for Easter or any holiday season. You just need a few ingredients to make this yummy treat. These are rich, crunchy, and candy-coated.
Wear long sleeves to protect your arms from stray candy bubbles. Sugar burns are painful, so take care, especially with children around.
Allow the pralines to cool completely, then store them between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container. They will keep at room temperature, stored in a cool and dry place, for at least five days or longer.
Pralines ship very well, so they make a good care package gift!
Ingredients Of Easter Pecan Pralines
- 2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup light cream
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 cups pecan halves or pieces
Method Of Easter Pecan Pralines
- In a heavy saucepan combine sugar and cream, and mix well. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir to 238 degrees which is the softball stage.
- Remove from heat, and add butter. Stir in pecans. Beat about one minute or till cand just begins to lose its gloss.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper, shaping into patties with the back of the spoon. If the candy becomes too stiff to drop, add a little hot water to make the right consistency.
- This recipe will make 24.