I love homemade Chinese food as it is much better than the restaurants. Try this easy chicken Manchurian recipe and enjoy it with egg fried rice or simple boiled rice. You can also serve it on top of boiled noodles. First, we will fry the chicken pieces and then put them in red gravy sauce.
Ingredients Of Easy Chicken Manchurian
- 500 g boneless chicken cut in cubes
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 green bell pepper large dice
- 2 green onions sliced
- white sesame seeds for garnish
FOR THE MARINATION
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup cornflour
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
FOR THE SAUCE
- ½ cup tomato ketchup
- ¼ cup Chili Garlic Ketchup
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 2 cups water
- salt to taste
Method Of Easy Chicken Manchurian
- Marinate the chicken with all the marination ingredients and leave for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat oil for deep frying and drop in the chicken pieces with a spoon. Fry on medium heat till thoroughly cooked. Remove on a paper towel.
- Make the sauce in a bowl and put aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute garlic for 1 minute. Add the bell pepper and fry on high heat for 2 minutes only.
- Then pour in the sauce and wait for it to bubble.
- Prepare a cornflour slurry and gradually add it to the sauce on medium heat. Stop when you reach your desired consistency. Remember the sauce will continue to thicken while cooking.
- Add the spring onions and fried chicken. Give a good toss and let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Turn off heat and put the gravy in your serving dish.
- Garnish with spring onion and sesame sides.
- Serve with fried rice or noodles.