My guests always love this easy keema biryani which I make for them in many dinner parties. This is chef Gulzar recipe which I watched on masala tv. Make sure to use basmati rice for this recipe and mince should be double in quantity than rice for a perfect result.
Ingredients Of Easy Keema Biryani
- 1/2 kg rice,( 3/4% Boiled with 1tsp cumin seeds, salt and bay leaves)
- 1 kg mince
- 2 tbsp red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1/2 bunch mint leaves, chopped
- 6 green chilies, whole
- 2 tbsp garlic ginger paste
- 2 tbsp whole all spices (black pepper, cloves, cardamoms, and cinnamon stick)
- 5-6 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry plums
- 1/2 bunch coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp all spices powder (garam masala)
- Few Bay leaves
Method Of Easy Keema Biryani
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions, when they are light brown in color then add whole spices and bay leaves and allow to splutter.
- Mix in the minced meat and the ginger-garlic paste and fry for 6-7 minutes over medium heat.
- Once the mince is nicely fried, mix in the tomatoes, plums, salt, cumin powder, red chili powder, all spices powder, coriander powder and cook it covered on low flame till all water dries up and mince is cooked.
- In other pan put some oil in the bottom and then place cooked mince, green chilies, mint and coriander leaves and cover it with boiled rice.
- Seal the pan with its cover and put the biryani on dum for 5- 15 minutes. Serve hot with cucumber salad and raita.