Here is the recipe for easy pound cake by Shireen Anwar. This cake is also known as tea cake or butter cake. I love it because it is very moist and melts in the mouth. You can bake it in a loaf tin or in a bundt pan.
Ingredients Of Easy Pound Cake
- 8-ounce butter
- 2 cup fine sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cup flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- Icing sugar to dust
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
Method Of Easy Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Beat 8 ounces butter and 2 cups sugar till fluffy add 1 tsp. vanilla essence.
- Sieve together 3 cups flour and 4 tsp. baking powder in your beaten sugar and butter mixture, beat in eggs one at a time alternating with a sieved mixture of flour and 1 ½ cup milk, beginning and ending with flour.
- Pour mixture into a greased pan, bake for 45 minutes, cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack to cool completely, dust with icing sugar.
- If you love lemon then you can also add lemon juice and lemon rind in it and then it will convert into a lemon pound cake.
I like baking so you assisted me a lot with ur recipes
Thanks for liking my recipes