Light the candles and get out the best silver for the special Christmas and new year;s cozy winter menu. You may know how to roast a duck but the following recipe is easiest one and with the help of this easy roast duck recipe you can save a lot of time on Christmas eve.
Ingredients Of Easy Roast Duck
- 2 ducks
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 bay leaves
- 250 ml dessert wine
- 1/2 tsp. arrowroot, mixed with 2tsp cold water
- 3 tsp. pink peppercorns
- 1 tsp. flaked sea salt
Method Of Easy Roast Duck
- Heat oven to mark6/200 degrees. Pat ducks dry with kitchen paper, then rub the skin with sea salt. Prick the skin all over with a fork.
- Put the ducks, breast side down, on a rack in a large roasting tin and put the onion and bay leaves inside the cavity.
- Roast for 45 minutes. Pour off the fat into a bowl, turn the ducks over and continue cooking for further 45 minutes. To test if they are cooked, pierce the thigh with a metal skewer. If the juices are pale pink, they are ready, if they are dark, cook for a further 10 minutes. Pour off fat and juices.
- While the ducks are roasting, mix together the wine and arrowroot in a pan and cook over a high heat until reduced to about 3tbsp of liquid. Add the peppercorns and leave to infuse for 10 minutes.
- Once the ducks are cooked, brush with the glaze and return to the oven for 2 minutes.
- Remove the ducks from the oven and rest. To carve, slice off the wings, then carve the breast from wing to breastbone. To carve the legs, slice along the length of the bones.