Easy Shahi Tukray is a traditional dessert made with fried bread slices soaked in warm milk. It’s really very easy to make and it tastes heavenly. It just takes few ingredients to make this. I like it with thick milk but some people also serve it with less thick milk. If you want your shahi tukray milk to be runny then you can skip khoya in this recipe. Khoya helps to thicken the milk. I love its taste with khoya. The picture is without nuts because I forgot to garnish it and by the time I remember it’s all finished.
- 1-liter milk
- Sugar according to taste
- 8 bread slices
- 250 gm. khoya
- Pinch yellow food color
- Oil as required
- 3-4 small cardamoms
- Crushed almonds and pistachios for garnishing
- Cut the slices of bread into triangle pieces.
- Heat little oil in a non-stick pan and fry slices till they are light golden in color from both sides. Set them aside.
- Boil milk in a pan and add cardamoms and sugar to it. Add khoya and cook milk on low heat till it starts thickens. Dissolve yellow color in some water and add it to the milk mixture.
- Arrange bread slices in some wide dish. Pour milk mixture over it and cool it in the fridge.
- Garnish it with crushed almonds and pistachios.