This recipe for easy walnut balls is shared by Tracy Bodoni. She is a great baker and this recipe is her own creation. These sweets just melt in your mouth and walnut gives the required crunch. You can also use pecans instead of almonds. It is like snowball cookies but yummier. You can follow Tracy’s Facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/moochamealwithtracy/
Ingredients Of Easy Walnut Balls
- 1 lb. Land ‘O Lakes butter
- 2 Eggs
- 4 cups chopped walnuts
- 4 cups flour
- ½ cup plus 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 box confectioners sugar (to roll cookies in).
Method Of Easy Walnut Balls
- Beat butter, sugar, vanilla, almond extract, and water until light & fluffy.
- Add nuts and flour one cup at a time.
- Then add the eggs. By hand, roll and shape into 1-inch balls.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for approximately 7-10 minutes until bottoms are golden brown.
- While still warm, roll in the confectioner’s sugar (repeat).