Most fairness creams have chemicals or even natural ingredients that control or reduce the production or formation of melanin in our skin. melanin is the pigment which gives skin its coloration. Dark skinned people have more melanin than light skinned person. It also acts as a sunscreen and protects the skin from ultraviolet light. Cells called melanocytes produce melanin. It provides some protection again skin damage from the sun, and the melanocytes increase their production of melanin in response to sun exposure. Freckles, which occur in people of all races, are small, concentrated areas of increased melanin production. So, fairness creams just reduces the melanin in our skin which results in skin whitening.
fairness creams work well because there are vast majority of women who believe or are forced to believe that fairness is the key to beauty, but fairness creams have also shown good results on thousands of women just because of their psychological conditions and beliefs that fairness creams are going to enhance their looks. Beliefs are basis to our understanding of a wide range of central phenomena on modern psychology. The ad agencies knows women’s psychology very well and they know how to attract them as well.
People sells dreams and the public succumbs to these tactics, which in turn motivates the dream merchants to continue their business. The cosmetic industry is a multi billion industry of the world. The appearance conscious public of the present generation frequently asks the dermatologist for newer anti aging therapies. Due to this high demand, high hype is created by the pharmaceutical and cosmetic companies, which promote anti aging or anti wrinkling products to patients in a bid to outlive their skin.
Present day skin treatments are being targeted at some kind of controlled therapeutic dermal damage and regeneration of new collagen. The often used supplements in these therapies are topical steroids and skin lightining agents, which actually promote skin thinning, thus making it more vulnerable to the environmental insult than a normal skin.
Some of the most occurring tips to keep your skin glowing and fair round the clock, without using any cream or products are:
- Keep away from sun as mush as possible.
- Drink lots of water daily.
- Try to manage your stress.
- Eat fresh vegetables and fruits.
- Gram flour contains whitening agents in it. A paste of 2 spoonfuls of gram flour , a pinch of turmeric powder, few drops of lemon juice and few drops of milk cream can be applied all over the body daily at the time of bath until it get dry. This can lighten your skin.
- Dried orange peels powder can be used to apply on the skin with raw milk every day. It is a tested pack for skin whitening.
- A paste of fresh ground mint leaves can be applied on the skin for about 20 minutes. It can lighten your skin with in 15 days.
Fairness creams are not effective as they have a lower concentration of chemicals for fear of causing damage to skin and low chemical content proves ineffective too. According to doctors, fairness creams available in the market do not display their exact composition or its percentage.