Jennifer Nickel-Kreisler shares this recipe for fantasy fudge. This recipe makes a large batch (3 pounds!) so consider gifting some of these sweet fudgy morsels to friends and family during the holidays.
Store the fantasy fudge in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks. To prevent the squares from sticking together, stack them with wax paper between each layer. You can also make this in the microwave oven.
Ingredients Of Fantasy Fudge
- 3 cups white sugar
- ¾ cup margarine
- ⅔ cup evaporated milk
- 1 (12-ounce) bag of semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (7-ounce) jar of marshmallow cream
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Method Of Fantasy Fudge
- Grease a 9×13-inch pan.
- Mix sugar, margarine, and evaporated milk in a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Bring mixture to a full boil and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and add chocolate chips; stir until the chocolate chips are melted and the mixture is thoroughly combined. Stir in marshmallow cream until incorporated. Mix in walnuts and vanilla.
- Transfer the fudge to the prepared pan and use an offset spatula to spread out and flatten. Let cool for at least 1 hour before cutting into squares.
Just wondered what marshmallow cream is? Is there a substitute? Thank you.