- Do wear color near your face.
- Don’t wear sweaters so long that they make you look short.
- Do borrow your husband’s clothes.
- Don’t wear acid-washed jeans.
- Cropped pants can make you look shorter.
- Do wear a hip slip or minimizer under tight clothes.
- Do have a stash of basics on hand: T-shirts, leggings, black socks and tights.
- Monochromatic outfits are one of the best slimming secret there is.
- Don’t over accessorize.
Lies, Lies, Lies
- You should wear suede shoes in summer or patent leather in winter.
- Handbags have to match your outfit.
- Black is boring.
- If you wear two pieces that are both navy, the color have to match.
(its all but impossible)
Elements Of Style
- Do Try something that’s not you once in a while.
- Adapt trends so that they work for you adapt is the key word here.
- A peshwas is not for everyone, for example. But if you love the look, try a similar cut that will flatter you.
- Hold on to a few of your favorite outdated pieces. You never know.
- Add a couple of stylish, inexpensive things to your wardrobe each season.
- Force yourself to wear something for somebody else.
- Dress like a teenager.
- Mix two seasons in one outfit.
- Wear black with navy. Trust me both of them also go with cream, white, beige, brown and the combinations are timelessly elegant.
- Don’t wear too many colors at once. If you find an inexpensive, basic item that fits well, buy it in several colors.
- Do wear black for an evening affair if the event is black tie.
- Do carry a small evening bag and don’t overstuff it.
- Don’t wear a casual watch with very dressy clothes.
- Don’t wear anything too tight, too sexy or too see-through.
- Don’t wear uncomfortable shoes.
The All Time, Best Ever, A Number One Figure Do:
- Learn to love your body, flaws and all.
Figure It Out
- Buy elastic waist pants and skirts, they are more comfortable.
- Emphasize your best feature.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothes in soft, drapery fabrics.
- Choose belts that match your pants for an unbroken line.
- Opt for pinstripes rather than wide vertical stripes.
- Treat yourself to a new outfit when you lose a few pounds.
- Opt for jackets with soft, body skimming lines.
- Take advantage of cover it all tunic tops.
- Wear layers of streamlined knits. not bulky ones.
- Make sure you have one outfit that you know you will feel good in even on fat days.
- Wear a skimpy dress unless you are sure that you look good in it.
- Fall victim to the whims of fashion and wear ultra wide leg pants.
- Reveal too much when you wear leggings. Even if your rear end is super toned. Always wear a top that covers it.
- Buy pants or skirts without checking out your rear view and when you try on pants, always sit down in them.
- Good eyeglasses frames. Don’t wear them on a clunky chain around your neck. If you must, choose something a little more subtle.
- A good versatile scarf that goes with the colors you wear most and look for silk crepe versions. They are usually easier to tie and more likely to stay that way.
- A good bag that will last for years, big enough for all your essentials, but not too big.
- A pair of classic pumps. Look for, leather, heels no higher than 2 inches and a natural, versatile color like black, navy or ivory.
- A nice pearl string.