Banana bread lovers, get ready for a treat! Introducing Flourless Chocolate Banana Bread – a deliciously healthy option that will make your taste buds dance with joy. This twist on a classic recipe brings the perfect blend of sweetness and healthiness together in one irresistible loaf. And the best part? It’s super easy to make with simple ingredients! So let’s dive in and explore the wonderful world of flourless baking, shall we? And it is gluten-free.
We love banana bread for so many reasons. First of all, it’s the ultimate comfort food. Just imagine that warm loaf coming out of the oven, filling your kitchen with its tantalizing aroma. You can practically smell the love and happiness wafting through the air.
Ingredients Of Flourless Chocolate Banana Bread
- 3/4 cup (60 g) oats, gluten-free if needed
- 1/2 cup (40 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 medium-sized ripe bananas (200 g or 1 cup mashed)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (64 g) nut butter
- 6 tbsp (120 g) honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup (40 g) chocolate chips
Method Of Flourless Chocolate Banana Bread
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF (176ºC), and lightly grease a 9 x 5 (23cm x 13cm) bread pan or line it with a sheet of parchment paper, leaving a few inches of overhang for easy removal. Set aside.
- Add the oats to the bowl of a blender and process on high until they’ve broken down into a fine powder. Add all the remaining ingredients except for the chocolate chips and continue processing until the batter is smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of the blender as necessary. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand, or save them to sprinkle on top.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan, spreading it out evenly and sprinkling the chocolate chips on top
- Bake for 50 – 55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow the loaf to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes before removing. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Feel free to sub this with any nut butter you have on hand, or use a soy nut butter to make it nut-free.