It’s a quick snack and full of energy. Bananas are a good source of potassium and kids will love this snack. There are numerous fried banana dishes in the Philippines. They are almost always made from saba bananas, a native cooking banana that is widely used in Filipino cuisine. Also known s banana fritters.
If you’ve been wondering if you can eat raw, cooked, or even frozen banana peels, the answer is yes! If you are going to eat your banana peel, know that—just like the fruit itself—the riper the peel, the sweeter it will taste.
Ingredients Of Fried Bananas
- 4 firm bananas
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- Oil for frying
Method Of Fried Bananas
- Mix flour, sugar, egg, milk, and salt to make a smooth batter. Leave it for half an hour.
- Peel the bananas and cut each in half lengthwise, then across into chunks about 3 inches long.
- Dip the banana pieces into the batter and shallow fry in hot oil until they are golden brown from all sides.
- Drain it over a paper towel and serve it warm.
- Sprinkle icing sugar over it.