You can also make mash dal with this recipe. First of all wash your channa dal and soak it in water for an hour. Boil it with 1 tsp. of salt. This dal is just like a dhaba dals which you get on highways from pathan hotels. Serve fried channa dal with tandoori roti and green chili raita and enjoy it.
Ingredients Of Fried Channa Dal
- 2 cups boiled channa dal,
- 3 tomatoes, finely sliced
- 3 green chilies, chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
- 1/2 cup fried onions
- Green coriander, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder to taste
- 4-5 whole red chilies
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (zeera)
- 1 lemon’s juice
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, (haldi)
- 1/2 tsp all spices powder, (garam masala)
Method Of Fried Channa Dal
- Heat oil in a wok. Add ginger garlic paste, cumin seeds and whole red chilies. Fry it for minute.
- Add tomatoes and green chilies. Now add all spices, salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder and all spices powder. Cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Add boiled channa dal and mix it well. Add juice of lemon and sprinkle fried onions and green coriander.
- Cover it and put on low flame for 3-4 minutes. serve hot.