My daughter made these frosted oreo cookies. Frosted Cookies are chilled cookies filled with crushed Oreos and topped with homemade buttercream frosting.
Ingredients Of Frosted Oreo Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 1/4 cup of packed brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 3 cups of All-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 15 chopped Oreos
Method Of Frosted Oreo Cookies
- Preheat oven to convection 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Beat room temperature butter in a stand mixer/by hand for 3-5 minutes (or until butter turns off-white).
- Add brown sugar and white sugar. Beat the sugar with the butter until the mixture is fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Add your large eggs and stir into the mixture.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Add flour, baking soda, and baking powder to form your dough. If using a stand mixer, mix on low. If mixing by hand, use a spatula.
- Add in oreo chunks.
- Use a 1/3 cup scoop (or however much your heart desires) and place a single ball of dough on a baking tray. THIS IS YOUR TEST COOKIE! Always start baking a single cookie to ensure you didn’t forget an ingredient and your oven isn’t too hot (some ranges have hot spots or cook things quicker/slower than others). This is also a good indicator of how much your cookie will spread.
- After baking your test cookie, place cookie dough balls on your tray. Use your test cookie to estimate how many cookies you can fit on your tray. I also flattened my cookies a little bit.
- Bake cookies for 11-13 minutes (for 1/3 cup scoop).
- For perfectly circular cookies, use a circular bowl/cup and swirl around your fresh cookie to make the edges clean. Then let the cookies sit on the tray for about 10 minutes before removing them.
- Cool your cookies in the fridge before icing your cookies.
- Use a food processor or smash your oreo cookies in a zip lock bag to make them almost powdery chunks.
- Add blended Oreos to the icing.
- Put frosting in a Ziploc/piping bag or frost with a utensil.
- Add a mini oreo or oreo chunk on top!
- Put in fridge to store for up to 10 days!
- You can make Buttercream frosting with oreo chunks on the top or you can also make ganache with oreo chunks.