This gajar halwa tastes like one you get from markets with lots of khoya. Don’t need to cook it for hours. Gajar halwa tastes great with pure desi ghee and lots of nuts and khoya. Here are some more easy halwa recipes
Ingredients Of Gajar Halwa
- Carrots 2 kg grated
- Milk 1 kg
- Ghee ¾ cup
- Green cardamom 8 to 10
- Sugar 1 ¼ cup
- Khoya 1 cup
- Saffron ½ tsp (optional)
- Almonds and pistachio sliced 2 tbsp each
- Peel and grates carrot, cook in 1 kg milk, when milk nearly dries add sugar, cook till sugar water dries.
- Heat ghee in a saucepan add green cardamom, add this ghee to the carrot mixture and fry well for at least 15 minutes lastly add khoya, saffron, almonds, and pistachio.
- Leave it on dum for 10 minutes and remove. You can also garnish it with almonds, pistachios, raisins, walnuts, boiled eggs, and khoya.
- This halwa can be kept in the fridge in an airtight container up to 10 days and you can also freeze it and heat it on the stove with some desi ghee whenever you want to eat it.
- I love it hot but you can have it cold or hot, both ways.