Gajer ka halwa is made with carrots, milk, sugar and khoya. You can serve it hot or cold. carrot halwa is dry and made in pure ghee with milk and khoya. Here is the traditional recipe of carrot halwa. You can also add milk balai in it for more rich taste. This dessert is usually made in winters because sweet and red carrots are easily available in winter season.
Ingredients Of Gajer Ka Halwa
- 1 kg grated carrots
- Sugar to taste
- 1-liter milk
- 7-8 small cardamoms
- 3/4 cup desi ghee
- 1 cup khoya
- Almonds and pistachios to garnish
Method Of Gajer Ka Halwa
- Peel and grate carrots. Heat ghee in a pan and add ground green cardamom seeds, add grated carrots when it starts giving aroma. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Then pour heated milk and mix. Keep moving ladle.
Once all milk is evaporated, add sugar and mix well. Keep stirring ladle meanwhile; cook until sugar water is dried; then roast carrots.
- Lastly, add one cup khoya, 2 tablespoon chopped almonds and pistachios and place for dum for 10 minutes. Then remove from the stove.
- Delicious Carrot Halwa is ready. Transfer to the serving dish and serve hot garnished with almonds and pistachios.