Ryan Foerderer shares this recipe for gluten free banana bread. Her 2-year-old has celiac, and she is starting out learning about gluten-free cooking & baking. Today she made her first gluten-free banana bread. It turned out pretty good. She used Robin Hood gluten-free flour for this recipe and xanthan gum is already added.
Dairy-Free Options: Smart or Earth Balance Butter or coconut oil
Ingredients Of Gluten free Banana Bread Recipe
▢2 to 3 very ripe bananas (mashed)
- ▢⅓ cup melted unsalted butter (, dairy-free use non-dairy butter like Earth Balance, Smart Balance, or coconut oil)
- ▢1 teaspoon baking soda
- ▢1 ½ cups gluten-free flour ((I like Pillsbury gluten-free))
- ▢¼ teaspoon xanthan gum (, leave out if your flour already has it in it)
- ▢Pinch salt
- ▢¾ cup granulated sugar
- ▢2 large eggs (, beaten)
- ▢1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Spray a 4 x 8 loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas until smooth.
- Add the baking soda to the mashed bananas.
- Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
- Stir in the sugar, salt, eggs, and pure vanilla extract.
- Mix in the gluten-free flour and xanthan gum(leave out if your flour already has it in it).
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake on the center rack for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Please watch your banana bread because all ovens are different.
- Cool completely before slicing. Enjoy!
- Store in an air-tight container.