The easiest recipe for making gluten free cinnamon rolls. This recipe is shared by Meghan Worley. She used Krusteaz gluten-free flour for making these rolls. You can also use the cup for cup king author for it but it takes longer periods to rest and most require extra liquid. You can also use Pillsbury gf flour when the recipe contains yeast.
Ingredients Of Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 3/4 cups krusteaz flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 TBS butter
- 3/4 cup of milk
- Instant yeast
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1/3 a cup of brown sugar
- 3 TBS softened butter ( I just leave mine out for a few hours )
- 1 TBS cinnamon
Method Of Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls
- Mix flour and sugar with a whisk and set it aside.
- In a separate bowl add milk and butter and heat it in microwave for 15 seconds. stir check the temperature and make sure it’s 100-110 degrees.
- Add instant yeast Whisk until mixed ( use a kitchen towel and cover for 5 minutes to proof yeast! )
- Add 1 room temp egg and beat together. Then add the mixture to the dry ingredients. Knead the dough for about 5-8 minutes. Cover with a kitchen towel for 60 mins or until doubled.
- For the filling, combine everything together in a bowl until like a wet sand texture and set aside.
- With your hands, shape the dough gently into a 9″x 13″ rectangle. Spread 2 Tbsp. melted butter onto the dough and sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar filling evenly on top, leaving a 1/4″ border on all edges.
- Gently but quickly roll the dough. If your dough breaks apart at the seams (and it will) just use your hands and pat the dough to correct the problem. Gently slice the roll into 8 pieces with a sharp knife. Place 7 pieces around the perimeter of the pan and place the remaining piece in the center. With your hands, gently press down on each roll.
- Then cover the pan with a kitchen towel for 60 minutes once they double in size bake and 350 degrees for 27 minutes cover with aluminum foil for 15 minutes then take it off and bake the rest of the time.
The icing is about 2 cups of powdered sugar, a teaspoon of vanilla, and a tablespoon of milk, you can add more sugar to make it thicker and more milk to make it thin!