This recipe for gluten-free cinnamon streusel cake is shared by Meghan Worley. In baking and pastry making, streusel is a crumbly topping of flour, butter, and sugar that is baked on top of muffins, breads, pies, and cakes. This soft, and buttery cake is topped with crunchy cinnamon streusel. Without any gluten, this cinnamon-studded treat is something everyone can get excited about. You can also make cupcakes with this recipe.
Ingredients Of Gluten-Free Cinnamon Streusel Cake
- 1 stick butter softened (I use salted)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teas vanilla extract
- 2 cups GF flour all-purpose Any type
- ¾ teas salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 tablespoons butter room temp
- ⅔ cup brown sugar packed
- ½ cup GF flour all-purpose
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Method Of Gluten Free Cinnamon Streusel Cake
- Mix the butter, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a bowl until it forms together and makes nice crumbles.
- Beat the egg, sugar, sour cream, and butter together in a bowl, add all dry ingredients together and whisk together, slowly add the egg mixture to the flour mixture, once combined add vanilla and mix together.
- Add a little batter to the pan, then add streusel, then add more batter and then more streusel, and then add more and top with streusel, Bake at 350 for 40 mins or until toothpick comes out clear!
- For the icing, whisk about 2 cups powdered sugar, with a tablespoon of milk and a teaspoon of vanilla, add more powdered sugar to make thick or more milk for thin ( this is whatever you prefer )